Tuesday 7 February 2012

A Delivery of 19thc toile Fragments for Study

















I have just received a very interesting package through the post, a small selection of early 19th century French printed Bolbec & Nantes toile fragments. While they are all quite small or tatty, all are of great cultural interest, helping me with my research. I have had pieces in a couple of these designs before, either exactly the same or a slight variation implying a different manufacturer or new copper plate or roller.

I always try to buy scraps like this whenever I can, as they are always good reference pieces; I keep some and sell some on to other curious textilophiles, they often get framed as the vignettes are so evocative, or are used for small projects such as patchwork.

www.morgaine-le-fay.co.uk

3 comments:

  1. Such great toile material. I want my next house decorated in every room with toile, walls, furnitue , drapes, wallpaper

    LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABC Technologies is a software and Web Designing company, offering you a comprehensive solution for your business. As an entrepreneur, you only think about your business venture and leave everything to us. Regardless of location, we make sure that we adjust to your desired working schedule. Why spend more if you can get the same quality, productivity and performance from an offshore partner.

    ReplyDelete